Opening up z/OS to the Cloud and Mobile Worlds (ESB5G)
Mobile revolution is trending much more than “eBusiness 1.0”. To gain business value from mobile initiatives organizations must implement a mobile strategy. IBM technologies help enable mobile solutions on IBM System z.The availability of the IBM MobileFirst application development platform makes the development and integration of mobile solutions a reality for the enterprise.Enterprises that have investments in mainframe applications and data cannot afford to start from scratch when exposing business critical assets to mobile and cloud channels. z/OS Connect is a new feature that provides a simple, consistent, secure, and high-performing way to integrate existing z/OS business and infrastructure assets with the cloud and mobile worlds.The proliferation of mobile computing and mobile devices is accelerating. Increasingly, those devices are seeking data that resides on z/OS. In this course we will explore a solution for exposing your z/OS assets "as a service" behind a REST interface. That solution is z/OS Connect.With z/OS Connect, virtually all z/OS System of Record assets can be discovered and reached using simple RESTful calls from cloud and mobile platforms.You will learn how IBM WebSphere Liberty z/OS Connect and WOLA fit together and how you can use mobile devices using RESTful protocol to connect to your z/OS backend systemsWe will show how z/OS Connect fits within a broader IBM Mobile architecture, and we will provide a hands-on exploration of setting up and using z/OS Connect and WOLA on real z/OS Systems that each lab team will have for their use.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.Anfrage stellen
UNIT 1. Mobile computing
- Introduction, and major components of a mobile architecture.
- Mobile topology choices.
- Positioning for MobileFirst Platform.
- IBM Worklight foundation: A mobile application platform
- Cloud Computing and IBM Bluemix
- The API economy
- End-to-End Architecture for accessing z Assets/Services using APIs
- Mobile backend services
UNIT 2. z Systems and the mobile world
- The role of System z in your mobile strategy
- High level mobile architecture on System z
- System z Mobile Enterprise with IBM MobileFirst Platform Server
- Mobile App Connectivity to System z
- Architecture for MobileFirst Platform Server in production dev/test
- Architecture for Security
- System z essential services for mobile applications
- What are the various types of mobile applications, and what are the various ways mobile applications can access System z data and transactions.
- MobileFirst Platform Benefits for System z Customers
- System z Unique Characteristics to support Mobile Applications
UNIT 3. Create a Mobile App accessing my Legacy Backend z systems
- What is a Mobile App?
- Developing Hybrid Applications
- Build and connect mobile applications that can access data from DB2®, CICS®, and IMS™without leaving the mainframe
- Integrate with System z with Rational®tools and create the optimal, mobile DevOps environment
- Development for Mobile Devices for IBM MobileFirst Platform on System z
- Architectural choices
- Deploying a Mobile app and Location of Deployment
- MobileFirst Platform Foundation accessing Backend systems
- From 3270 to z/OS Connect to Mobile App to Bluemix to Internet of Things
UNIT 4. access to your back-end systems with z/OS connect and WOLA WebSphere Optimized Local Adapters
- Describe the Liberty profile
- Describe Liberty profile runtime architecture
- Describe the functions provided by Liberty profile
- Describe Liberty feature configuration
- Describe the platform specific features of Liberty for z/OS
- Describe Liberty Profile and the WOLA environment
- Use WOLA to connect to your back-end systems such as CICS, IMS and z/OS Batch
- Understand WOLA and how it works with Liberty Profile z/OS
- Use WOLA to communicate to the backend CICS or batch regions.
- Implement WOLA in Liberty, and WOLA in the outside region.
- Use mobile devices using RESTful protocol to connect z/OS Connect Gateway
- Describe the features and functions of z/OS Connect
- Setup Liberty Profile and the z/OS Connect environment
- Implement the operational foundation of z/OS Connect
- Describe the Security considerations for z/OS Connect
Experienced data professionals such as z/OS system programmers who are responsible for the installation and customization of Liberty for z/OS and z/OS connect, along with Information Technology (IT) professionals responsible for designing a mobile strategy around z Systems, creating mobile solutions to access z/OS assets, and implementing End-to-End Architectures for accessing z/OS.Prior to enrolling, IBM Employees must follow their Division/Department processes to obtain approval to attend this public training class. Failure to follow Division/Department approval processes may result in the IBM Employee being personally responsible for the class charges. GBS practitioners that use the EViTA system for requesting external training should use that same process for this course. Go to the EViTA site to start this process:http://w3.ibm.com/services/gbs/evita/BCSVTEnrl.nsf Once you enroll in a GTP class, you will receive a confirmation letter that should show: The current GTP list priceThe 20% discounted price available to IBMers. This is the price you will be invoiced for the class.
Experience with the installation and customization of z/OS and its subsystems, including WLM, UNIX Services, and the Security Server (Resource Access Control Facility (RACF)), or equivalent product.
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.