DB2 10.5 Administration Workshop for Windows SPVC (2L235G) » zur vollständigen Seminarliste
- Administer a DB2 database system using DB2 commands or GUI tools IBM Data Server Manager
- Explain the differences between DMS and Automatic storage management for table space storage
- Compare the features available with different DB2 LUW product editions
- Select the best DB2 utility to load data into tables, including LOAD, INGEST or IMPORT
- Define a DB2 recovery strategy and perform the tasks necessary to support the strategy
- Implement DB2 security including special DB2 user authorities like SYSADM and DBADM.
- Plan the use of RUNSTATS, REORGCHK and REORG utilities for maintaining database efficiency
- Create and configure a DB2 instance to set the location for diagnostic data and message severity levels for basic problem analysis
- Describe the methods that can be used for monitoring database and application activity including db2pd commands, Event Monitors and using SQL statements to access statistics
- Perform the implementation of automated archival and retrieval of database logs
- Investigate current application activity that might indicate performance problems using SQL statements and db2pd commands
This is an entry level course for students that will perform Database Administration tasks, who plan, implement, and maintain DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows databases.
Participants should have the following skills:
- Perform basic database administration tasks on a relational database system
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
- These skills can be developed by taking:
- DB2 SQL Workshop
- DB2 Fundamentals
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.