Kurs Advanced Parallel Sysplex Operations and Recovery Workshop (ES90G)
- Use HMC classic or tree UI, create HMC groups, load profiles, and
- provide tips and recommendations for HMC use
- Initialize sysplex system images and identify problems reported via system consoles and the HMC
- Identify sysplex components, define resource and data sharing differences in relation to recovery options, discuss various configurations and system duplexing
- Perform related display commands to identify sysplex status and recovery actions for IPL problems during system activation
- Manage couple data sets, format CDS, define policies, and start and verify they are working as desired
- Implement configurations supporting GRS STAR, JES checkpoint, and ECS using structures in the CF
- Identify couple data set failures, CF and CF structure failures
- Identify policy change pending conditions and correct as necessary
- Remove a CF from the sysplex as in the case of required maintenance to a CF
- Identify and correct problems during structure rebuild process such as insufficient storage in the CF
- Add a new System z CF to the sysplex dynamically using a sysplex wide dynamic activation with Hardware Configuration Definition (HCD) facility
- Perform recovery procedures with and without SFM policies
- Define Server Time Protocol implementation, terminology, and supporting
This course is for operations personnel, tech support staff, and system programmers who are directly involved in the operation, system support, and software support of their Parallel Sysplex environment.
You should have:- experience with the HMC and the Parallel Sysplex environment- attended some previous sysplex class. Any one of the following Parallel Sysplex courses will provide the needed skill: Parallel Sysplex Implementation Workshop (ES42G) or (ES73G).
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.