Kurs Hardware Configuration and Definition (HCD) for z/OS (ES96G)
Learn to work with the Hardware Configuration Definition (HCD) function for z/OS, and to plan and initiate dynamic reconfiguration of your zSeries hardware environment. Learn to use the HCD dialogs of z/OS to create an Input/Output (I/O) configuration and dynamically alter the I/O configuration. Learn about the creation of an I/O Configuration Dataset (IOCDS) and various reports that HCD can build. Use a z/OS system to reinforce lecture topics and to practice working with the HCD dialogs. Hands-on lab projects may be done in teams depending on the number of attendees and location.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.Anfrage stellen
- Describe new zSeries processor technology
- Code new zSeries processors (z9 to z196)
- Code FICON channels and FICON CTCs
- Code Coupling Facilities (CF) and CF links
- Code cascaded FICON Directors
- Create an IODF work file on a z processor from scratch
- Use CHPID mapping tool to create a validated work IODF
- Use work IODF and create a production IODF
- Perform Dynamic I/O changes on a real z/OS system
- Build a LOADxx parmlib member for initial program load (IPL)
- View configuration graphically
- Create appropriate configuration reports
This course is for people who are responsible for maintaining the I/O configuration contained in the input/output data files (IODFs) and input/output configuration data sets (IOCDs) at their z/OS installation.
You should have:- A basic knowledge of z/OS and I/O configurationThis knowledge can be developed on the job, or by taking Fundamental System Skills in z/OS (ES10A).
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.