Kurs IBM DS8000 Implementation Workshop for z Systems (SSF1G)
To learn the DS8000 storage subsystem and its hardware components and logical structure. You configure the DS8000 storage subsystem using a DS8000 Storage Manager GUI and review the DS CLI interface for scripting configuration functions. You will also perform dynamic data relocation using Easy Tier function. In addition we have a unit on the recently announced product called the DS8900F.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.Anfrage stellen
• Using the history, hardware & software features, functions, and components of the DS8000 family determine the architecture of the DS8880
• Distinguish those elements that contribute to virtualization and the DS8880
• Carry out those steps needed to configure the DS8880, using the Data Storage Command Line Interface (DS CLI)
• Carry out those steps needed to configure the DS8880, using the data storage Graphical User Interface (GUI)
• Outline those benefits of host attachments that will enable higher throughput and lower response times when connecting a DS8880 to your z System
• Clarify the features of cache, performance identification, and TPC and their contributions to the physical and logical setup of the DS8880
• Relate those functions of copy services, flash copy, and global mirroring to business continuity
• Summarize the features and functions of the DS8900F
• Distinguish the benefits of the three DS8900F models
This course is for system administrators, architects, and storage specialists. Anyone who needs to learn about DS8000 implementation and experiment with them on a real test configuration.
You should have completed:• Introduction to Storage (SS01G)• An understanding of DASD and data sets and how clients hosts access directly or through FICON channels.
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.