Kurs IBM i Performance Tuning - I: IBM i Structure, Tailoring and Basic Tuning (OL23G)
This classroom course of two days explains how to balance the workload on the IBM i system to ensure optimum performance. Specifically, this course explains how to manage workloads, measure system performance, and tune the operating system to meet processing requirements. Hands-on exercises give you the opportunity to use the system functions that are available for controlling workload and tuning system performance. Evaluation criteria presented in this course are based on the latest information available from IBM development labs.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.Anfrage stellen
- Manage jobs by:
- Setting the appropriate system values
- Modifying subsystem descriptions to fit the workload
- Controlling batch jobs
- Tailoring job descriptions to fit processing needs
- Create unique environments for running jobs by:
- Creating subsystems for special applications
- Directing jobs to run in these subsystems
- Developing job descriptions for special jobs
- Tune the performance of the system by:
- Setting up pools and activity levels to handle jobs
- Tailoring execution parameters for job priorities
- Evaluating current performance using information provided by the system
- Changing system values and parameters as the workload changes
This is an intermediate course is designed for data processing managers, programmers, and analysts.
You should be able to:- Start and stop the operating system- Start and stop subsystems- Manage job, message, and output queues- Describe security concepts and create user profiles
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.