Kurs IBM i Performance Tuning - II: Advanced Analysis and Capacity Tuning (OL66G)
This course will help you to better understand the techniques of performance analysis and capacity planning on systems and partitions running IBM i and develop an appreciation of how IBM i operates and interfaces with applications. This course is expected to build skills to better manage performance and capacity on systems and partitions running IBM i. The course explains IBM i concepts, including the Technology Independent Machine Interface (TIMI), main storage pools, auxiliary storage pools, management of jobs, threads, and tasks, job run-time structure, performance monitoring, data collection, and analysis of performance data. This 4-day course includes hands-on activities using performance data from IBM i systems to help the student appreciate the concepts discussed. This course is designed for those running Power Systems on IBM i. While it includes i 7.2 content, it is suitable for those currently using prior versions of IBM i. The first day of class (units 1-6) focuses on teaching the performance management process, the performance considerations of key hardware components and virtualization options, and tuning options to help optimize performance. During these lectures, students should gain an appreciation of the unique storage management and work management components in the IBM i architecture and how these components need to be managed for optimal performance. Days 2-4 of the class focus on the tools and techniques to monitor, analyze, and plan for performance of Power Systems with IBM i and Logical partitions (LPARs). The primary analysis tool that will be used is the Performance Data Investigator (PDI) which is included with IBM Navigator for i. PDI is also used with IBM Systems Workload Estimator (WLE) for capacity planning activities.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.Termin buchen
- Understand the techniques of performance analysis and capacity planning of Power Systems and logical partitions (LPARs) running IBM i
- Acquire the skills to better manage performance on Power Systems running IBM i
- Enhance your knowledge of IBM i storage management, job / thread / task management, and the use of performance data collection, and monitoring tools to better manage IBM i work
- Manage the latest virtualization and logical partitioning features of Power Systems for optimal performance
- Use the latest tools and methodologies in IBM i 7.1 and IBM i 7.2 to manage and analyze system and application performance
- Gain experience with Performance Data Investigator in IBM Navigator for i including Collection Services, Job Watcher, and Disk Watcher features
- Use IBM Workload Estimator and other performance tools to perform sizing and capacity planning on Power Systems
- Understand methodologies for identifying and selecting appropriate performance data when planning upgrades and other capacity planning tasks
This course is intermediate complexity and is suitable for IBM clients, Business Partners, and technical support and service individuals interested in performance management and capacity planning on Power Systems and logical partitions (LPARs) running IBM i.
It is advantageous if you have completed the following course or if you have equivalent skills or experience on the IBM i work management and basic tuning:
- Power Systems with IBM i Structure, Tailoring and Basic Tuning (OL230)Knowledge of IBM WebQuery for i or other query options will be useful.
Dauer und Zeiten
Kurspreis für offene Schulungen
2800,00 € zzgl. 19% MwSt. (3332,00 € inkl. 19% MwSt.)
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.