SAN Volume Controller (SVC) Planning and Implementation Workshop (SNV1G)
This course is designed to leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence or virtualization, the SAN Volume Controller (SVC) to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. The focus is on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the SVC into the storage area network. It also explains how to:
- Centralize storage provisioning to host servers from common storage pools.
- Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualized to the virtualized environment.
- Improve storage utilization effectiveness using Thin Provisioning and Real-time Compression.
- Implement storage tiering and optimize solid state drives (SSDs) or flash systems usage with Easy Tier.
- Utilize network-level storage subsystem-independent data replication services to satisfy backup and disaster recovery requirements.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.Termin buchen
- Outline the benefit of implementing an SAN Volume Controller (SVC) storage virtualization solution
- Differentiate between the SVC 2145-DH8 model and the previous generation SVC 2145 models
- Outline steps required to integrate the SVC system solution
- Implement zoning policies for device access between the SVC, native disk storage, and host servers
- Implement the SVC GUI and CLI management operations to configure, monitor, and manage the SVC systems
- Identify issues related to coexistence between the SVC and native disk storage access across host servers
- Migrate existing data to the virtualized SVC system environment
- Implement storage efficiency solutions to maintain data growth, enhance storage performance and reliability
- Apply advanced system management strategies to provide high availability
- Employ administrative operations to maintain system ability
This intermediate lecture and exercise-based course is for individuals who are assessing and/or planning to deploy networked storage virtualization solutions.
- complete Storage Area Networking - Fundamentals (SN71G)
- have an understanding of the open systems disk storage systems and I/O operations
Dauer und Zeiten
Kurspreis für offene Schulungen
3400,00 € zzgl. 19% MwSt. (4046,00 € inkl. 19% MwSt.)
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.