Kurs System Operator for IBM i (AS24G)
This introductory course enables a new system operator to develop basic to intermediate level skills needed for day-to-day operations of the Power System with IBM i. Focus is given to using the GUI (IBM i Access Client Solutions and IBM Navigator for i) as well as 5250 emulation sessions to perform tasks including job control, monitoring, sending messages, managing systems devices, and more. Hands-on exercises reinforce the lecture topics and prepare the student to successfully operate a Power System with IBM i.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.Anfrage stellen
- Use the online help and references
- Send, display, and reply to messages
- Monitor and control jobs, devices, and job and output queues
- Start and stop the system
- Create and change user profiles
- Use authorization lists and group profiles
- Manage system configuration --> this could be the replacement for Manage system devices, user display stations, and printers
- Save and restore objects, libraries, and the system
- Monitor job and history logs
- Diagnose a system problem
- Order, receive, and apply PTFs
- Perform all of these functions using a 5250 emulation session as well as IBM i Access Client Solutions and IBM Navigator for i
This course is intended for the person who has responsibility for daily system operations.It is not intended for technical audiences who are seeking an in-depth look at how the Power System with IBM i works. This audience should instead attend the IBM i Technical Introduction (OL4AG).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.