Kurs Transforming Applications with IBM WebSphere Hybrid Edition (WA615G)
This course teaches students how to transform traditional (monolithic) WebSphere applications to run in a containerized environment–Red Hat OpenShift–by using WebSphere Hybrid Edition. It covers two key reference implementations: Operational Modernization: Repackage the application to deploy in a container while maintaining the monolithic architecture. This solution does not require changes to the application or runtime. It uses Transformation Advisor (part of WebSphere Hybrid Edition) to assess the application, and the Runtime Operator to manage the containerized application on Red Hat OpenShift. Runtime Modernization: Update the application to run on Open Liberty, a modern cloud-native runtime. Modernize some aspects of the application by taking advantage of MicroProfile specifications. This solution uses Transformation Advisor (part of WebSphere Hybrid Edition), and the Open Liberty Operator to deploy and manage the modernized application on Red Hat OpenShift.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.Anfrage stellen
- Describe the key concepts and reference implementations for application modernization
- Use Podman to create and manage container images
- Use Transformation Advisor to assess an application
- Implement operational modernization: repackage and deploy a traditional WebSphere application to a container runtime
- Implement runtime modernization: repackage and deploy a Liberty application to a container runtime
- Exercise 1 - Introduction to containers
- Exercise 2 - Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift
- Exercise 3 - Use Transformation Advisor to assess an application
- Exercise 4 - Operational modernization
- Exercise 5 - Runtime modernization
The primary audience for this course is the Application Developer. Their company is driven by the need to build new capabilities and deliver them quickly. Modernizing applications can provide the immediate benefits of improving developer productivity and operational efficiency.
- Experience with WebSphere application development and deployment
- Familiarity with WebSphere Application Server or Liberty system administration tools
- Familiarity with the Red Hat OpenShift console and command line interface (CLI)
- Experience using the Linux operating system
- Recommended prerequisite course: DL10031 - Application Migration and Modernization with IBM WebSphere Hybrid Edition
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.