Kurs z/VM and Linux on IBM Z and LinuxONE Bootcamp (ZL00G)
This course introduces the system programmer to the tasks required to support a z/VM operating system. It gives an overview of the processes that are required to install z/VM, and to do the required tailoring steps to support guest operating system virtual machines and CMS users. The students will leave the course with the knowledge to do the steps for adding guest systems and other virtual machines to the z/VM system, to apply service to the z/VM system, and to define a minimal TCP/IP configuration. Also, this course is designed to teach the implementation of SUSE, RedHat, and Ubuntu distributions of Linux on IBM Z and on LinuxONE.
Alle IBM Trainings werden mit Original IBM Schulungsunterlagen angeboten und finden in Kooperation mit dem von Arrow ECS autorisierten IBM Schulungspartner esciris statt.Anfrage stellen
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the process of running guests under z/VM
• Describe the z/VM installation process on IBM Z and LinuxONE
• Define virtual machines to z/VM and reload the directory
• Customize the CP component of the z/VM system
• Customize the TCP/IP files on z/VM
• Describe the Linux installation process on z/VM for SUSE, RedHat, and Ubuntu
• Apply service to the z/VM system
• Describe the system management process for Linux on IBM Z and LinuxONE
• Describe backup and recovery procedures for Linux on IBM Z and LinuxONE
• Manage and update network connectivity issues for Linux on IBM Z and LinuxONE
• Implement the z/VM Performance Toolkit
This course is intended for IT professionals who will be responsible for the support of guests and other virtual machines that run in the z/VM environment. It assumes that these persons have little or no experience in the z/VM environment. Also, this course is intended for anyone responsible for installing, customizing, and maintaining Linux on IBM Z and on LinuxONE.
Basic computer skills and knowledge.
Das Training findet auf Deutsch statt.